Welcome, and thanks for using RateBelieve. When you use our products and services, you're agreeing to our terms, so please take a few minutes to read over the User Agreement below.
Note: You are entering into a legally binding agreement.
Last revised on January 9th 2018
We are a media and collaboration platform focused on readers, publishers and support agencies of WoM content (Case Studies and Success Stories) for b2b.
1.1. Purpose Our mission is to harness the best of digitization and restore the strengths of WoM for the b2b community. We combine data analytics, collaboration tools and the basic principles of competition to the benefit of readers, publishers and supporting agencies.
ROI is widely accepted as important to our community, this much is clear. That said, we believe that the impacts and benefits of competition are greater, more respected and readily understood across all levels of business.
This focus is for the advantage of all our stakeholders in the b2b community;
- Readers gain greater and more relevant insight, quickly and efficiently.
- Publishers benefit from data driven feedback that optimizes ROI, set in a competitive environment where quality is rewarded.
- PR and Communications Agencies secure a sustainable and focused framework for servicing their clients and developing their WoM practice.
You agree that by clicking "Create Account, "Sign Up", "Log In" or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (including RateBelieve, premium services, or any content or information provided as part of these services, collectively, "Services"), you are entering into a legally binding agreement (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). Where ever you reside, your agreement is with RateBelieve which is a wholly owned entity of The Customer Axis Pty Ltd ACN 612 251 779 (referred to here as either "RateBelieve" or "we").
All users (Readers, Publishers and Agencies) of the RateBelieve service are registered members. This Agreement applies to all three groups.
- "Account" means your user name and identifying particulars supplied to RateBelieve at the commencement of this Agreement.
- "Anniversary Date" means an anniversary of the Commencement Date.
- "Agreement" means this agreement as amended from time to time including schedules and terms included by reference.
- "Article" refers to the principal component of our service. Customer stories, case studies, testimonials, success stories, technical write-ups all have a common purpose. That is, to describe a situation where one business has provided a product or service to another in such a way that illustrates something noteworthy. Further to this, it can be used to promote one or both businesses in such a way as to draw the attention of prospective customers and partners to those involved.
- "Commencement Date" means the first day of the month in which you register on the Site.
- "Copyright Material" means any work or other subject-matter in which copyright subsists or is capable of subsisting under the Copyright Act 1968 or equivalent legislation.
- "Customer" means You and all users of the Site and the Services.
- "Customer Information" means all customer information about customers including name, address, contact details, use of Services and their arrangements with RateBelieve.
- "RateBelieve" refers to The Customer Axis PTY LTD ABN 26 612 251 779 and its related bodies corporate.
- "GST" means any tax in the nature of a tax on or on the supply of goods, real property, services, or other things (or similar tax) levied, imposed or assessed by the Commonwealth of Australia or any State or Territory of Australia, which may operate at any time during the currency of this Agreement, other than any interest, fine, penalty, fee or other payment imposed on or in respect of such tax.
- "Intellectual Property" means all intellectual property rights of RateBelieve whether in relation to the Site or Services or otherwise and includes all or any of the following:
- the Trade Marks of RateBelieve whether in relation to the Site or Services or otherwise;
- the Trade Name or any other trade name under which RateBelieve sells, provides or distributes its Services;
- any present or future patents of RateBelieve which relate to the RateBelieve Site or Services or their manufacture or assembly and applications for the grant of any such patents;
- the technical and other information or expertise devised, developed or acquired by RateBelieve or its employees or others applied in the development, servicing and sale of the Site or Services and in the management and operation of the Business;
- copyright of RateBelieve in any written material, plans, designs, logos, slogans, labels, insignia or other work relating to the manufacture, merchandising, displaying, promotion and selling of the Site or Services; and
- the designs, whether or not registered or protected by copyright devised or acquired by RateBelieve and applied to the Business, the Site or Services.
- "Site" means RateBelieve's web site www.RateBelieve.com.au
- "Subscription Schedule" is a schedule of fees set by RateBelieve at its sole discretion for use of the Site and the Services. Go to https://www.ratebelieve.com/subscriptions/
- "Subscription" as outlined in the Subscription Schedule, defines a service or product set that a user accesses for a fee for the duration noted, ie monthly or annually. At the end of the nominated period, the subscription is automatically renewed.
- "Story" refers to the principal component of our service. Customer stories, case studies, testimonials, success stories, technical write-ups all have a common purpose. That is, to describe a situation where one business has provided a product or service to another in such a way that illustrates something noteworthy. Further to this, it can be used to promote one or both businesses in such a way as to draw the attention of prospective customers and partners to those involved.
- "Project" is a component of a Subscription and is accessible under the terms of the subscription. Where one or more projects are included in a subscription scope, they must be commenced (used) within the monthly subscription cycle. Projects cannot be rolled over or transferred into the following monthly subscription cycle and cannot be launched or claimed in a retrospective manner.
- "User Agreement" means these terms and conditions as amended from time to time, and other terms incorporated by reference.
- "Trade Name" means RateBelieve a trading name of The Customer Axis Pty Ltd.
- "Trial Period" a period of thirty (30) days after the date you enter into any subscription service on the Site.
- "Trade Marks" means the existing or future trademarks owned, used or developed by RateBelieve during the term of this Agreement
- "You" and "Your" includes all persons entering this Agreement with RateBelieve and where the context allows includes your partners, employees and agents.
- You're eligible to enter into this Agreement and you are at least our "Minimum Age."
- To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the "Minimum Age" (defined below) or older; (2) you will only have one RateBelieve account, which must be in your real name; (3) Agency applicants must meet our participation standard (as defined in clause 2.3) to be granted an account and (4) you are not already restricted by RateBelieve from using the Services.
- "Minimum Age" means (a) 18 years old for the People's Republic of China, (b) 16 years old for the Netherlands, (c) 14 years old for the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia and South Korea, and (d) 13 years old for all other countries. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for RateBelieve to lawfully provide the Services to you (including the collection, storage and use of your information) then the Minimum Age is such older age. The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 13.
- You'll keep your password a secret.
- You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law.
- As between you and others, your account belongs to you. You agree to: (1) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) follow the law and the Dos and Don'ts below. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
2.3. Payment You'll honor your payment obligations and you are okay with us storing your payment information either directly or via our payment platform partner (provider may change without notice). Also, there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices.
If you purchase any of our paid Services ("Premium Services"), you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes. Failure to pay these fees may result in the termination of your subscription. Also:
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
- You authorize us to store and continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your service (e.g. subscriptions) and to facilitate easy payment for new services.
- You must pay us for applicable fees and taxes unless you cancel the Premium Service, in which case you agree to still pay these fees through the end of the applicable subscription period.
- Taxes are calculated based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
- You acknowledge and agree that as a term and condition of using the Website, any fees incurred in accordance with our fee schedule are non-refundable.
- Refunds will only be given at the absolute discretion of RateBelieve.
- In the event that a refund request is granted, there will be a 10% transaction fee applied to the original amount refundable.
- You can get a copy of your invoice (as well as your payment history) through your account settings via the payment platform under "Recent Activity". If the invoice dates back further than the posted history, you can request a downloadable report from the payment platform for any date range.
2.4. Notices and Service Messages You're okay with us using our websites, mobile apps, and email to provide you with important notices. This Agreement applies to mobile applications as well. Also, you agree certain additional information can be shared with us.
If the contact information you provide isn't up to date, you may miss out on these notices.
You agree that we may provide notices to you in the following ways: (1) a banner notice on the Service, or (2) an email sent to an address you provided, or (3) through other means including mobile number, telephone, or mail. You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
Please review your RateBelieve.com settings to control and limit what kind of messages you receive from us.
- Where material is sourced from an identifiable public domain, it must be submitted to our service without undergoing any alteration. This ensures that all content, references and listed stakeholders remain intact per the original author's review, approval and permission process.
- Where material is submitted by the original author, the process of review and approval by all parties must be documented.
By participating in our platform, users agree that material they post meets either or both of these tests. We take no responsibility for material that falls short of this standard. We reserve the right to remove such material and terminate the account of the member responsible for posting.
2.6. Marketing RateBelieve reserves the right to use Your company or trading name in any promotional or marketing material it deems fit. This may be in the of form print, TV, radio or Multimedia (including Web). Example uses may include promotional flyers, or website case studies.
2.7. Comments & Sharing When you share information, others can see, copy and use that information. We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
2.8. Public Domain You agree that all the material you post for publication on RateBelieve is approved for release into the public domain. You are responsible for determining the status of the content; (1) by sourcing from an identifiable public domain source such as a vendor website that is freely accessible without the need for special access rights, or (2) by documenting review and approval by all parties identified in the document.
You agree, that by posting any material for publication on this site you have determined that it meets either or both of these tests.
RateBelieve takes no responsibility for material that has not been properly vetted. We reserve the right to remove such material and terminate the account of the member responsible for posting.
2.9. Agency Participation Standard Setting up an Agency account opens access to many additional benefits not available to regular publishers. To make sure that these benefits reach the intended recipients, when registering for an Agency account you agree to: (1) exclusively use an official agency (business) email account for sign up purposes; (2) include accurate Agency URL in your application; (3) include any professional association memberships to support your application ie International Public Relations Association, Public Relations Institute of Australia, Public Relations Society of America, and (4) you confirm that you are a representative of an active PR & Communications Agency. RateBelieve reserves the right to deny any application without explanation. Agency account requests that fail this standard will default to the standard "Publisher" setting.
2.10. Ratings When you send us material to rate, categorize and post, you agree to accept the result generated by the ratebelieve assessment process;
- as an unequivocal and objectively generated outcome,
- and that outside of the review services provided via subscriptions, no further communication will be undertaken with regards to rating outcomes,
- ratebelieve deploys a system of continuous checks and reviews to ensure that the algorithm and supporting categorizations are always applied consistently. Within the context of this process of checks and balances, ratebelieve reserves the right to amend ratings at any time.
Remember, every story has multiple threads that a wide variety of readers will be interested in. Further, the feedback you get from our rating system as well as the competitive performance generated, will support your efforts towards achieving continuous improvement.
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your RateBelieve profile will be truthful.
As between you and RateBelieve, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services and you are only granting RateBelieve the following non-exclusive license: A worldwide, transferable and sub licensable right to use, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- While we may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify any of your text.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, including under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
- As part of our broader promotional efforts, we will distribute information relating to your content using Titles and either a full rendition of the "Summary" or and excerpt thereof.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to RateBelieve, you agree that RateBelieve can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information if that does not violate the law nor anyone's rights (e.g., without violating any intellectual property rights or breaching a contract). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. RateBelieve may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
We may change, suspend or end any Service, or change and modify prices prospectively in our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
Third parties may offer their own products and services through RateBelieve, and we aren't responsible for those third-party activities.
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading or otherwise harmful. You agree that we are not responsible for third parties' (including other Members') content or information or for any damages as result of your use of or reliance on it.
You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use third party apps or sites that link from our Services. If you allow a third party app or site to authenticate you or connect with your RateBelieve account, that app or site can access information on RateBelieve related to you and your connections. Third party apps and sites have their own legal terms and privacy policies, and you may be giving others permission to use your information in ways we would not. Except to the limited extent it may be required by applicable law, RateBelieve is not responsible for these other sites and apps — use these at your own risk.
RateBelieve reserves the right to limit your use of the Services. RateBelieve reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if RateBelieve believes that you may be in breach of this Agreement or law or are misusing the Services (e.g. violating any Do and Don'ts).
RateBelieve reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. For example, RateBelieve logos and other RateBelieve trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with RateBelieve are trademarks or registered trademarks of RateBelieve. Other trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW, RATEBELIEVE (AND THOSE THAT RATEBELIEVE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) (A) DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT); (B) DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW (AND UNLESS RATEBELIEVE HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT SUPERSEDES THIS AGREEMENT), RATEBELIEVE (AND THOSE THAT RATEBELIEVE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OR CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF RATEBELIEVE (AND THOSE THAT RATEBELIEVE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS, AN AMOUNT THAT IS THE LESSER OF (A) FIVE TIMES THE MOST RECENT MONTHLY OR YEARLY FEE THAT YOU PAID FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE, IF ANY, OR (B) AUD $500.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND RATEBELIEVE AND SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF RATEBELIEVE HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THESE LIMITS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We can each end this Agreement anytime we want. RateBelieve or You may terminate this Agreement at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Stories that you have sent to us for analysis and inclusion on the site will remain part of the ongoing catalogue, and will remain attributed to you and the source vendor. Stories will only be removed where they fail meet the publication standards as defined in section "2.7. Public Domain".
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- User's rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
- Sections 4, 6 and 7 of this Agreement;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
To close your account, simple open your profile page and click on the account type cell (Reader, Publisher) and select "Close My Account". You'll receive confirmations of this process by email.
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, it will take place in NSW courts, applying the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia.
These Conditions, and your dealings with RateBelieve, are subject to the state laws of New South Wales (NSW), Australia, and the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia as applicable. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of courts sitting in the State of NSW for all purposes. Sole and exclusive venue for any dispute arising under or relating to this agreement shall be in a court sitting in Sydney, NSW.
RateBelieve is administered in Australia and intended for Australian users. Any use outside of Australia is at the user's own risk and users are responsible for compliance with any additional local laws applicable to their use of the website or services.
Here are some important details about how to read the Agreement.
If a court with authority over this Agreement finds any part of it not enforceable, you and us agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and us agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Agreement. To the extent allowed by law, the English version of this Agreement is binding and other translations are for convenience only. This Agreement (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don't act to enforce a breach of this Agreement, that does not mean that RateBelieve has waived its right to enforce this Agreement. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that RateBelieve may assign this Agreement to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement and will provide you notice if we do and we agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you don't agree to these changes, you must stop using the Services.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile;
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
- Always ensure that material posted for publication is either already in the public domain or if not, has passed through review and has been approved for release by all parties identified in the document. (See Section 2.7.)
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- Add content that is not intended for, or inaccurate for, a designated field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the "title" or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by RateBelieve);
- Use an image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo for your profile;
- Create a false identity on RateBelieve;
- Misrepresent your current or previous positions;
- Misrepresent your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym;
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
- Use or attempt to use another's account;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person;
- Send spam or other unwelcomed communications to others;
- Scrape or copy profiles and information of others through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- Act in an unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable manner;
- Disclose information that you do not have the right to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of RateBelieve, including, without limitation, using the word "RateBelieve" or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in the Brand Guidelines;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution.
- Creating or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice;
- Copy or use the information, content or data of others available on the Services (except as expressly authorized);
- Copy or use the information, content or data on RateBelieve in connection with a competitive service (as determined by RateBelieve);
- Copy, modify or create derivative works of RateBelieve, the Services or any related technology (except as expressly authorized by RateBelieve);
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology, or any part thereof;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by RateBelieve without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited RateBelieve associate);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Services or related any information or data;
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize any feature of the Services, without RateBelieve's consent;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service;
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information obtained from RateBelieve without the consent of RateBelieve;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, "scrape," "crawl" or "spider" the Services or any related data or information;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services;
- Monitor the Services' availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in "framing," "mirroring," or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by RateBelieve;
- Override any security feature of the Services;
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms)
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by users be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We provide a policy and process for complaints concerning content posted by our Members.
If you want to send us notices or service of process, please contact us:
ONLINE at: https://RateBelieve.com/Contact
OR BY MAIL at:
The Customer Axis PTY Ltd
Attn: Agreement Matters (Legal)
40 Gidley Street, St Marys,
New South Wales 2760 Australia
RateBelieve®, The Customer Axis PTY Ltd 40 Gidley Street, St Marys, New South Wales 2760 Australia