1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of information we may collect include:
1.1 Registration and profile information. We may collect personally identifiable information, such as a username, first and last name, phone number or e-mail address, as well as information about your business, when you register for the Service or if you correspond with us. We may also collect information about your interactions with us, including any contact we have with you by telephone, email or online. For service improvement, security, dispute resolution and training purposes we may monitor and record your communications with us (including email and telephone).
1.2 Billing information collected. We may collect billing information if you sign up for a paid account.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you access or use the Service. This section provides information about some of the technologies used by the Service and how they work.
2.2 Log File. We may also collect log file information about your browser or mobile device each time you access the Site or use the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. If you elect to provide your contact or other personal information to us during your browsing session, we may link that information to the IP address from which you are accessing the site.
2.3 Clear Gifs. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users and invoice recipients to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients of those emails. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time, as we believe that there is no consistent industry standard for how to respond to Do Not Track browser settings.
2.4 Device IDs. When you access the Site or use the Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification number associated with your device ("Device ID"), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Please note we will not collect your precise geographical location without your consent but we may know the city or country you are in. Similar to IP addresses, we may link any of the contact or other personal information you provide during a browsing session to the Device ID from which you are accessing the Site.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Service and our other products and services, including to operate certain features and functionality of the Service;
- To process your order or inquiries;
- To diagnose or fix technology problems;
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Service and our other products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Service, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users' movements or actions with the Service) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- To deliver customer service;
- To communicate directly with you, including by phone (as described below), by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services on an ongoing basis. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described below under Section 5 (Your Choices about Your Information);
- To communicate directly with you by phone, including to respond to customer service inquiries or comments through the Service, on social media or otherwise, and to discuss issues relating to your account or the Service. Your opt-out options for calls from us are described below under Section 5 (Your Choices about Your Information).
- To deliver advertising to you, including to help advertisers and publishers serve and manage ads on the Service or on third party sites, and to tailor ads based on your interests and browsing history (please see Section 5 (Your Choices about Your Information) and Section 6 (Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising) for additional information related to such advertising and your related controls); and
Any use of your information that is incompatible with the foregoing will be disclosed to you in advance so that you may opt out of such use at your discretion.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personally identifiable information with:
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, content or service fulfillment, or providing analytic, archival, auditing, accounting, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, delivery, data processing, data analysis, research, investigation, website or other technology services;
- Our payment processors, for the purposes described in Section 7 (How We Store and Protect Your Information);
- Our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example, when running a co-sponsored contest or promotion;
- Other users of the Service who have sent you an invoice or with whom you've otherwise interacted through the features of the Service. For example, as a customer of one of our users, we may share certain information about you with that user, such as whether you have opened an emailed invoice or made a payment;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to: (i) satisfy any law, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; or (iii) protect against fraud, imminent harm to the Service or the rights, property or safety of RateBelieve, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 Control of Information & Communication You may update certain of your account information and communication preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your account settings. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not, however, opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices) unless you terminate your account. If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at the address provided in Section 10 (How to Contact Us).
5.2 Rights to Access, Correct, Close or Delete You have a right to (1) access, modify, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by RateBelieve regarding your profile and (2) close your account. If you close your account, your information will generally be removed from the Service within 24 hours. We generally delete closed account information and will de-personalize any logs or other backup information through the deletion process within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
5.3. Data Retention We keep your information for as long as your account is active or as needed. For example, we may keep certain information even after you close your account if it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce this agreement.
Stories that you have sent to us for analysis and inclusion on the site will remain part of the ongoing catalogue, and will remain attributed to you and the source vendor. Stories will only be removed where they fail meet the publication standards as defined in the User Agreement section "2.7. Public Domain".
6. THIRD PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
We may permit third party ad networks, social media companies, and other third party services to collect information about your browsing behavior on the Service through cookies, social plug-ins, or other tracking technology. We may permit third party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of the Service over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on the Service as well as on other websites or services. We will not share information about your clients or your business with these third parties. Typically, the information is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely "opt out" of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser's or mobile device's technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies and how you may opt-out of some of this tracking, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative's online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org.) Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at the address provided in Section 10 (How to Contact Us).
7. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
7.1 Payment Information: RateBelieve collects credit card information using a security-enabled, transparent pass-through to our payment processors and does not store full credit card numbers or any CVV2 data itself. Any credit card information you provide is stored by our third party payment processors (including our Payments Partner, if you use RateBelieve Payments), who have committed to complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
When you pay RateBelieve through our Site for access to the Service, our third party payment processors may use your information for the following purposes: (i) processing your payment to RateBelieve, (ii) preparing internal reports to manage their business; (iii) data analytics, developing and analyzing data metrics, anonymizing personal data and other analysis purposes, and to publish in aggregated form the results of such analyses; (iv) providing fraud screening services to RateBelieve or third parties; (v) processing and/or resolving chargebacks or other disputes; (vi) complying with applicable legal requirements and assisting law enforcement agencies by responding to requests for disclosure of personal data in accordance with local laws; and (vii) any other purpose for which your consent has been provided.
7.3 Keeping your information safe: RateBelieve cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, RateBelieve will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
7.4 Password Security: Your password is an important element of our security scheme, and as such, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You must report any misuse or compromise of your password to RateBelieve at the contact address provided in Section 10 (How to Contact Us) as soon as you become aware of any such misuse or compromise.
8. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
RateBelieve does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at the address provided in Section 10 (How to Contact Us).
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
The Service may integrate with or contain links to other third party sites and services. We are not responsible for the practices employed by third party websites or services embedded in, linked to, or linked from the Service, and your interactions with any third-party website or service are subject to that third party's own rules and policies. You are responsible for examining third party websites' privacy policies and for making your own decisions regarding the accuracy, reliability and correctness of material and information found.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
The Customer Axis PTY Ltd
Attn: Agreement Matters (Legal)
40 Gidley Street, St Marys,
New South Wales 2760 Australia
11. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
12. NOTICE TO USERS IN THE EU AND AUSTRALIA: YOUR EU AND AUSTRALIAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
12.2 Access and correction: If you are a user in the EU or Australia, please contact us as set out in Section 10 (How to Contact Us) if you have any queries or concerns about privacy or wish to access or correct any personally identifiable information we may hold about you and which you are unable to update by logging in to your account. We will need to verify your identity. We will provide our reasons if we deny any request for access to or correction of personally identifiable information. Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your personally identifiable information and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the relevant information. We take your privacy concerns seriously. Where you express any concerns that we have interfered with your privacy, we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response.
If you are an Australian resident, for information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au and on 1300 363 992.
Tuesday January 9th 2018